Monday, October 5, 2015

This week has been really good and busy! Transfers were good, I am
still here in Gaithersburg with my companion.

The family from Chile is doing really well. We taught them the plan of
salvation this week and they liked it a lot. This was the first lesson
that the dad attended, and we were nervous about what he would think.
He really liked it and wanted to learn more and then made us dinner
(lime chicken noodle soup) and wanted us to come back. We are really excited to start
teaching them more. The kids are scheduled for November 14, but the dad
isn't ready to commit to a date yet.

C. Is also doing really well. She is one of our new investigators. She
has liked what we have been teaching her, she is just working on
giving up coffee. She is really awesome and has a strong testimony and
she has almost been taught all the lessons.

We taught J. from El Salvador this week. It has been hard to get in
contact with her because of her work schedule and she is having a baby
in about a week. We taught the plan of salvation and she liked
learning about families.

This transfer will be a little bit crazy because my companion got
called as a sister training leader. This means I will probably be on
exchanges two times a week. This last week I spent three days on
exchanges with the companions from the other sister training leaders.
It is fun and crazy and when we are in my area I do all the teaching
because I am the only one who speaks Spanish. But it has been really
fun. On Friday I spent the whole day on exchanges in a DC English
area. It was so much fun being in the city and biking everywhere. Even
though it was pouring rain from the hurricane it was still awesome.  We
did some service projects, taught some investigators and had some good
food in DC.



Hope you guys enjoyed conference! I got to watch it English! I really
liked the talk by Thomas S Monson about having charity. One of my
favorite scriptures on my mission has been Moroni 7:46-47 and it went
right along with president Monson's talk.



Thanks for all the support!
Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment